First Love Ministries, Inc.
PRAYER STUDY 137
VISION: A LOOK AT THE LIFE OF HABAKKUK
I will stand at my GUARD POST; and I will keep WATCH and SEE what He will SPEAK to me. Then the Lord said, “RECORD THE VISION.”
4 KEYS TO HEARING GOD from Mark Virkler’s Communion with God
1. I WILL STAND ON MY GUARDPOST…Have a quiet place to quieten yourself before the Lord.
2. AND I WILL KEEP WATCH TO SEE…Look for vision as you pray.
3. WHAT HE WILL SPEAK TO ME…Recognize God’s voice as a spontaneous flow within…
LISTEN TO SPONTANEOUS INNER THOUGHTS.
4. THEN THE LORD SAID, “RECORD THE VISION.” Write down the flow of thoughts and pictures within you.
What is Vision?
Vision(from the Hebrew chazown): a dream, revelation or oracle(from Strong’s Concordance)-Vision is seeing events and manifestations or revelations of the supernatural world with awakened and elevated natural facilities(The Prophet’s Dictionary) Basically, vision, in the context that we are using it, is an oracle from God which often is defined and delivered prophetically from the Lord to a prophet and from a prophet to the Body.
Proverbs 29:18: Where there is no vision[no redemptive revelation of God], the people perish, but he who keeps the law[of God, which includes that of man], blessed, happy, fortunate[and envious]is he. AMP
If people can’t see what God is doing, they stumble all over themselves; but when they attend to what He reveals, they are most blessed. The Message
Habakkuk: Habakkuk was a praying prophet who confronted the Lord in his prayers and asked: O LORD, how long shall I cry, and thou wilt not hear! Even cry out unto thee of violence and thou wilt not save! (Habakkuk 1:2) He had a great burden because his own people were wicked and violent and not living godly lives and not honoring the holiness and justice of God, and the Lord answered that He would use the Chaldeans(Babylonians)to punish His people Judah for their sins. The Babylonians were described as dreadful, merciless, violent, idolaters, fierce, scornful and terrible.
Today we are in a similar position, and the Lord is releasing judgments even on His people through the Babylonian World System. The good news is that Babylon will eventually fall, and the Body of Christ will began to look up, for its redemption draweth nigh. Why does God release judgments? Because He loves His people so much that He uses heathen nations to punish His people so that they will repent and come back to Him.
Habakkuk’s Reaction to Seeing the Vision(Habakkuk 3:16): When I heard, my belly trembled; my lips quivered at the voice; rottenness entered into my bones, and I trembled in myself, that I might rest in the day of trouble; when He cometh up unto the people, He will invade them with His troops.
Two Unfulfilled Prophecies (Habakkuk 2:2-3) And the LORD answered me and said, “Write the vision and make it plain upon tablets, that he may run that readeth it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak and not lie; though it tarry, wait for it, because it will surely come. It will not tarry.”
1. Hebrews 10:37 tell us that Habakkuk’s vision was the SECOND COMING OF CHRIST, a future event that is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak and not lie.
2. The second yet unfulfilled prophecy is God’s ultimate purpose on the earth as recorded from Habakkuk 2:14(and also Isaiah 11:9): For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.
The Kingdom of God is everlasting, has always been and is and always will be. Mankind, however, has not walked in the full revelation of the Kingdom and will not fully walk in that fullness until both of these prophecies are fulfilled. When the Knowledge of God or the Knowledge of the Glory of God fills the earth, Isaiah 11 and 12 tell us what the world will then be like:
1. All of the animals will not longer eat each other or harm humans.
2. Children will not longer be afraid of or harmed by wild animals.
3. There shall be no accidents or death.
4. Jesus shall stand as the standard around which all nations will gather. All men will look to Christ for safety and deliverance.
5. Jews will again become missionaries taking the Word of God and preaching Jesus from Jerusalem to all nations.
6. All nations will seek Jesus.
7. There will be universal peace.
8. His rest shall be glorious.
9. He will gather the outcast of Israel.
10.He will set His hand the second time to recover His Jewish remnant.
11.Envy and pride shall depart.
12.All adversaries will be cut off.
13.There shall be a highway of holiness for the remnant of His people.
14.The righteous shall be caught up in praise for Him.
15.The Gentiles shall seek Christ and will bless the Jewish people.
16.There will be no fear.
17.The righteous will be full of joy.
18.The inhabitants of Zion will sing and cry out and shout the greatness of the Holy One in the midst of the remnant company.
Habakkuk’s Conclusion After Seeing the Vision(Habakkuk 3:16)
Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labor of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls; Yet I will rejoice in the LORD; I will joy in the God of my salvation. KJV
Fig trees may no longer bloom, or vineyards produce grapes; olive trees may be fruitless, and harvest time a failure; sheep pens my be empty, and cattle stalls vacant-but I will still celebrate because the LORD GOD saves me. Contemporary English Version
Though the cherry trees don’t blossom, and the strawberries don’t ripen, though the apples are worm-eaten, and the wheat fields stunted, though the sheep gates are sheepless, and the cattle barns empty, I’m singing praise to God. I’m turning cartwheels of joy to my Savior God. Counting on God’s Rule to prevail, I take heart and gain strength. I run like a deer. I feel like I’m king of the mountain. The Message
My Personal Vision for First Love Ministries